BEST COLLEGE FOR B.TECH IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Electrical engineering is one of the most popular engineering courses in India and has been one of the major driving forces of high technology over the past few decades. TERII being in list of best engineering college in Haryana in various fields attracts students from different regions. Electrical engineering is rapidly growing not only within core areas such as wireless communications and mobile technologies but also in other areas such as nanotechnology, biotechnology and biomedical engineering. Considering how popular this course is, getting admissions into prestigious institutions such as the IITs and NITs is hugely competitive. The same applies for job hunting as well. Please read the following Q&A to discover this field in-depth, the various opportunities available in this realm and how you can go about forging a career path in electrical engineering.
It is one of the largest and most diverse technological and engineering disciplines in today’s world. Electrical engineering is the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism for the development and maintenance of electrical and electronics equipments such as electric motors, navigation systems, medical devices, broadcast and communication systems, power generation systems, electrical distribution systems, electric grids etc., while keeping in mind the safety, quality, economic feasibility and sustainability of these products and systems.
Based on the fundamentals of physics and mathematics, electrical engineering became a field of it’s own in the 19th century due to innovations such as the generator, motors, telephone, wireless communications and electronics. Since then, electrical engineering has sure come a long way. Not only has it been one of the major driving forces behind cutting edge technology in areas such as power engineering, computer engineering, communications and mobile technologies, it has also significantly impacted several other fields such as nanotechnology, biomedical engineering, neuroscience and biotechnology, to name a few.
Electrical engineering students use science, engineering, technology and analytical reasoning, creative and critical thinking skills to solve problems and design, construct and maintain electrical and electronics products. Some sub disciplines of electrical engineering are: electronics, digital computers, power engineering, telecommunications, control systems, RF engineering, signal processing, instrumentation, and microelectronics. India is home to renowned universities for electrical engineering, both at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Electrical engineering plays a very important role in other fields such as biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, biotechnology, to name a few. Therefore, you will have a lot of options open for further studies or specializations. Since it is also quantitative heavy, electrical engineering students will have a good future in business and management fields as well.
- Job opportunities are good for this field, be it the United States or India. However, when it comes to placements in India, there is a major caveat. Unlike computer science, there are not many core electrical and electronics companies in India, apart from companies such as Qualcomm and Intel. So, if you want to find a job in a core company in India, it may take a while and also depends on the reputation of your university.
- The future for this field looks great considering the number of innovations happening in areas such as mobile technology, wearable devices, nanotechnology and robotics.
- Since electrical engineering is based on the fundamentals of physics and mathematics, it is important for students to be skilled in the basic sciences in order to grasp advanced concepts of electrical engineering.
- ECE and CS are two of the most competitive fields in India. Therefore, there will be a lot of competition, be it admissions to B.Tech programs, job search or higher studies. Be prepared to work very hard.
Electrical engineers typically do the following:
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products
- Do detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
- Direct manufacturing, installing, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions
- Work with project managers on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Electronics engineers typically do the following:
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications
- Analyze customer needs and determine electrical system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system plan
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations
- Plan and develop applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems to improve technical performance
Electronics engineers who work for the federal government research, develop, and evaluate electronic devices used in a variety of areas, such as aviation, computing, transportation, and manufacturing. They work on federal electronic devices and systems, including satellites, flight systems, radar and sonar systems, and communications systems.
The work of electrical engineers and electronics engineers is often similar. Both use engineering and design software and equipment to do engineering tasks. Both types of engineers also must work with other engineers to discuss existing products and possibilities for engineering projects.
Scope of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Even though electrical engineering is very popular in India due to great job opportunities, growth etc, if you take a look at the placement statistics of various universities ranging from the reputed ones such as the IITs, NITs, BITS to the non-reputed institutions, you will notice that core, prestigious companies such as Qualcomm, Intel etc go only to the reputed institutions for campus placements. If your college is reputed within your state, then a few locally situated core companies will come to hire students. If your college is not among the reputed one’s in India or within your state, then the only companies that will come are software. Having said that, you can always try off-campus placements for these companies by applying on your own. Many students have got in through this procedure. Electrical engineering students typically find jobs in core electrical engineering companies such as Intel, Qualcomm or in conglomerates such as Reliance industries, TATA technologies, Microsoft etc that have an electronics division. Some students also find jobs in banking, consulting and finance industries as these sectors need students with strong quantitative skills. Students who are unable to find jobs in core areas move towards software and IT industry. Some of the most popular electronic engineering companies are as follows:
Core companies: Qualcomm, Intel, Ericsson, NVidia, Analog Devices Ltd, Broadcom, Cisco systems, Cosmic circuits, Ericsson India Global Services, Eaton technologies, IBM, Schneider electric, General Electric, Analog devices, Cosmic circuits Pvt Ltd, KLA Tencor, NTT Communications, Texas Instruments.
Other sectors (software, internet, manufacturing, oil and gas, power etc): Shell, TATA technologies, DRDO, Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories, HCL technologies, Google, Microsoft, Power grid corporation of India Ltd, Samsung, Sony corporation, TATA Motors, Toshiba.
TERii’s Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2011 and has grown over the years into one of the finest centers of training in the field of civil engineering. The Department offers a four-year course leading to the Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Undergraduate program in civil Engineering has been developed to meet the latest requirement of the infrastructural development of our country in areas like Construction, Transportation, Hydropower, and Environmental Engineering. The curriculum has been developed to keep in it more practical and industry oriented with due interrelation with academics. The laboratories are equipped with excellent and advanced equipments and provide all the facilities for advanced research in the field of civil engineering.
Also, the Department is known for its reputed faculty having expertise in diverse fields. It has built up a wide research potential. The faculty of the department continues to strive loftier by exploring new frontiers of knowledge, imparting the latest technical knowledge to the students and conducting high quality of research. The faculty also renders technical advice on live engineering problems to various Government and Private Sector companies throughout country.
Why TERii for BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
Every student wishes to pursue their engineering from the best engineering colleges but somehow they forget that most of the colleges are just for the sake of providing education. At TERii, we impart education combined with practical knowledge wherein the students are free to exploit their talent and prepare themselves for the market.
Here are some of the important aspects which every student and their parents think before deciding the institution for their child future studies:
- State of the Art Infrastructure: Built in a lush green land of more than 20 acres, TERii, undoubtedly has one of the most peaceful and optimistic environment for the students to learn. The campus has modern computer labs, fully equipped as well as functional practical workshops along with sports amenities, hostels and cafeteria.
- Placements: TERii is fortunate to have tie ups with most of the multi-national companies and other associations with which most of our students have their letter of employment with themselves even before they appear for their final year examinations. Companies like Wipro, HCL, IBM and many more have regular placement drive from TERii Campus.
- Knowledge formation by Doing: At TERii, we strongly believe in the culture of doing more than reading in the classrooms. The workshops and laboratories are full with students throughout in order to innovate new ideas, concepts and technologies. The students are even free to use the laboratories and labs till late midnight for completing their research and assignments.
- Lowest Fees Guaranteed: TERii was being formulated with a vision of “Imparting Education to All”. At TERii, we offer programmes like BTech, BBA, MBA and Diploma in Engineering at fees starting from INR 25000 only. The hostels are also affordable wherein the parents need not to worry about their child’s safety and security.
- Scholarships: TERii loves to sponsors the needy as well as meritorious students for their higher studies. Students at TERii are provided with scholarships upto 40% on the basis of their academic results. Apart from this, special preference is also given to the students who desire to study but are not financially equipped.
- Online Grievance Addressal System: TERii’s honorable advisor Dr. M.P. Gupta is always concerned about the issues and problems faced by the students in the institution. He himself manages an online grievance addressal system in which strict actions are taken to resolve the issue at the earliest.
- TERii Parivaar: At TERii, the relationship among the students and the faculty is no less than a family which makes the students comfortable enough to train themselves and climb the ladders of success. Whether it is during the exam time or normal days, the faculty is always available to solve the doubts of the students as well as to talk to them on personal grounds.
A combinational of all these parameters make the student feels comfortable and motivates them to study hard to be the best engineers of the world.
Also, read about our Free Foundation Course at http://terii.in/free-foundation-course-terii-kurukshetra/ offering a 15 days all cost inclusive residential course at TERii campus for the students to understand TERii and choose the best for themselves. The college also provides uptp 70% scholarships under various schemes.Details of these scholarships are given here www.terii.in/70-scholarships-b-tech-just-inr-30000-terii-kurukshetra
Registrations for BTech, MBA, BBA and Diploma courses are open. One can register themselves at www.terii.in/registration and even register for the Free Foundation Course. One can even book a seat by paying a token amount of INR 10,000 and the rest amount can be done after the student joins.
Have a look at the placements and infrastructure of the institute and decide the best for you!