Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to: (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
About GATE 2018
- IIT Guwahati is the organizing institute for GATE 2018.
- Information website for GATE 2018 is www.gate.iitg.ac.in
- GATE 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
- Examination for all the 23 subjects (papers) will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
- A candidate can appear only in ANY ONE paper of the GATE examination.
- GATE 2018 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th of February 2018.
- Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2018 may be held in multiple sessions.
- However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session ONLY.
- Exact details of the complete examination schedule will be notified later on the GATE 2018 website.
- Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE
- Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The link will be made available on GATE2018 website (www.gate.iitg.ac.in).
Important Dates Related to Gate 2018
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||1st September, 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||5th October, 2017|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||17th November, 2017|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||5th January, 2018|
|GATE 2018 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|3rd & 4th February, 2018
10th & 11th February, 2018
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||17th November, 2017|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||17th March, 2018|