B.tech in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering is a professional programme which helps students to understand the working mechanisms of heavy tools and machineries. The branch applies principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. The course covers technical areas like distribution of electricity through generators, transformers, transmission lines, lighting and wiring in buildings. Terii is among best engineering college in kurukshetra, haryana. Terii provide B tech courses and best facilities to learn all these things practically and theoretically.
A course in mechanical engineering makes a student gain knowledge and experience in the designing of electric motors, automobiles, aircrafts and other heavy vehicles. Mechanical engineering demands knowledge about software used in technical work like computer-aided design and mathematical modeling.
Mechanical engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles. They can work on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.
Most industries rely on a form of mechanical systems and mechanical engineering is thought to be one of the most diverse of all engineering disciplines. There are employment opportunities available in a wide range of sectors, such as the manufacturing, power, construction, etc. Mechanical engineers can also be involved in the management of people and resources, as well as the development and use of new materials and technologies.
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines, and was developed from the application of principles from physics and materials science.
Mechanical engineers are responsible for designing, building, installing and maintaining all kinds of mechanical machinery, tool and components. Construction is just one area you could work in as a mechanical engineer – others include the power, medical or manufacturing industries.
You could be working on large or small-scale projects, and become involved in research and development, design or production. But whatever you specialise in, you’ll be expected to progress projects through from brief to completion.
Scope of Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering covers aspects like design and testing among others. The job demands supervision and planning of live projects related to thermal power plants, nuclear stations, generation of electricity, etc.
- There are employment opportunities for diploma holders who have practical knowledge of working on fields like testing of machinery etc.
- The emerging fields in this area include renewable energy, automobiles, quality control, Industrial Automation, Mechanobiology. These are going to increase manpower in the work profile of mechanical engineering and would offer employment opportunities.
TERii’s Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a diverse range of meticulous academic programs designed to prepare students for the challenges and opportunities that abound in modern technology and society. Our students’ ultimate destinations include industry, research, public service, and academia, and this degree provides skills, knowledge, and experience that will help them become leaders in these careers. Department has well experienced and qualified faculties from IITs, NITs, BHU etc. along with non teaching staff. Faculties of ME department having national and international exposures are highly devoted to teaching as well as research. Department is also actively involved in organizing conferences, seminars, workshops and placements of students.
The Department offers B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering which provides a broad-based education in the engineering sciences with project-based laboratory and design subjects to give graduates a strong grounding in quantitative, problem-solving, design, and communications skills. Presently department is active in various thrust areas of research some of them are Finite Element Analysis, Mechanical Vibration, Soft Computing & Response surface Modelling, Vibration &Acoustics, Bio-Mechanics, Material Science, Advanced Manufacturing, Modelling & Simulation, Numerical Methods.
The Department is well equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and infrastructural facilities in thrust areas. It has advanced laboratories of CAM and robotics, Thermal Engineering, Fluids Engineering, Materials Science and Material Testing, Modeling and Simulation and Microwave processing of Materials, latest tools in the work shop, welding shop and carpentry. It also has advanced computing labs with software in computer Graphics, Scientific Computations, Finite Element Analysis and Modeling.
Faculty members and students regularly attend technical seminars and workshops organized by various technical institutes, and many of them have presented papers in National and International conferences and seminars. Students regularly attend training programmes and participate in competitions organized by various institutes. Students have also qualified many national level examinations such as CSIR-NET, GATE, etc and are very well placed in National and Multinational companies.
Why TERii for BTech in Mechanical Engineering?
Every student wishes to pursue their engineering from the best engineering colleges but somehow they forget that most of the colleges are just for the sake of providing education. At TERii, we impart education combined with practical knowledge wherein the students are free to exploit their talent and prepare themselves for the market.
Here are some of the important aspects which every student and their parents think before deciding the institution for their child future studies:
- State of the Art Infrastructure: Built in a lush green land of more than 20 acres, TERii, undoubtedly has one of the most peaceful and optimistic environment for the students to learn. The campus has modern computer labs, fully equipped as well as functional practical workshops along with sports amenities, hostels and cafeteria.
- Placements: TERii is fortunate to have tie ups with most of the multi-national companies and other associations with which most of our students have their letter of employment with themselves even before they appear for their final year examinations. Companies like Wipro, HCL, IBM and many more have regular placement drive from TERii Campus.
- Knowledge formation by Doing: At TERii, we strongly believe in the culture of doing more than reading in the classrooms. The workshops and laboratories are full with students throughout in order to innovate new ideas, concepts and technologies. The students are even free to use the laboratories and labs till late midnight for completing their research and assignments.
- Lowest Fees Guaranteed: TERii was being formulated with a vision of “Imparting Education to All”. At TERii, we offer programmes like BTech, BBA, MBA and Diploma in Engineering at fees starting from INR 25000 only. The hostels are also affordable wherein the parents need not to worry about their child’s safety and security.
- Scholarships: TERii loves to sponsors the needy as well as meritorious students for their higher studies. Students at TERii are provided with scholarships upto 40% on the basis of their academic results. Apart from this, special preference is also given to the students who desire to study but are not financially equipped.
- Online Grievance Addressal System: TERii’s honorable advisor Dr. M.P. Gupta is always concerned about the issues and problems faced by the students in the institution. He himself manages an online grievance addressal system in which strict actions are taken to resolve the issue at the earliest.
- TERii Parivaar: At TERii, the relationship among the students and the faculty is no less than a family which makes the students comfortable enough to train themselves and climb the ladders of success. Whether it is during the exam time or normal days, the faculty is always available to solve the doubts of the students as well as to talk to them on personal grounds.
A combinational of all these parameters make the student feels comfortable and motivate them to study hard to be the best engineers of the world.